Learn the smarter way
This comprehensive, in-depth suite of online continuing professional development (CPD) learning resources, SMSF webinars and SMSF training enables practitioners to stay at the forefront of the SMSF industry – whether you want to be the expert or not, you can rely on our specialist knowledge to ensure that you are enabling better retirement outcomes for your clients.
- Regular accredited web-based training and webinars
- Slides, workbooks & recordings from all live sessions
- Discounts to industry events and face-to-face training workshops
- Quarterly technical and regulatory updates (i.e. Changing Face of SMSF)
- Reports and online courses (e.g. SMSF day and Future of SMSF)
- Access to your own CPD archive (accredited training for professional development obligations)
- Access to our catalogue of smsf training already available on the platform
- Access to a resource library (Checklists, eBooks, Flowcharts) available at PAYG pricing (launching late 2019)
Smarter SMSF evolved from The SMSF Academy, founded in 2010 by accountant, Aaron Dunn and lawyer, Ian Glenister – both accredited SMSF specialists. Our focus is simple. To bridge the gap in training, education and tools so you can grow your business through self-managed super funds.
Our regular web-based training is popular because it enables members to access it whenever you like and as many times as you like. Fully mobile responsive, this cost effective solution works on any device so it is also available for practitioners on the go. It accommodates people who want to watch it individually or collectively as part of team training events. And because it is available anytime, it is perfect for reviewing and refreshing knowledge.
Simply watch at your own pace then take the quiz to confirm your progress and CPD points. Smarter SMSF offers regular updates on SMSF specialist topics, sourced directly from leading industry professionals such as accountants, financial planners and lawyers. Every quarter we share ‘the changing face of SMSF’ – a technical and regulatory update that keeps members informed on key compliance issues as they arise.
All training is accredited for professional development obligations via the SMSF Association, FPA Australia and the major accounting bodies.
Winner of the Training and Education Provider of the Year Award VIC, presented at the SMSF and Accounting Awards 2018.
To start ordering a smarter way, simply follow these steps:
- Purchase one of our monthly or annual subscriptions to become a member
- You will receive payment confirmation and an email to login to the Smarter SMSF platform
- Select the SMSF webinar, course or any other related training topic on the platform and begin earning your CPD points
- Available all the time, anytime, to refer back to if need be.
If you require help, please get in contact with us by telephone on 1300 95 94 76, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Member
We offer the following training subscriptions:
CPD Quarterly – $250 (+ GST) per year
Provides quarterly industry-leading web-based live training to navigate the complexities of SMSF, including changing regulatory requirements. Less than $21 p/m when paid annually (normal cost $99.00 each x 4 per year)
CPD Regular – $70 (+ GST) per month / $700 (+ GST) per year
Provides regular industry-leading web-based live training to navigate the complexities of SMSF, including changing regulatory requirements. As well as full access to Resource Library (Checklists, eBooks, Flowcharts) and Online Courses as part of subscription.
Is the SMSF training accredited for CPD?
Yes, all SMSF training is accredited with the SMSF Association, FPA Australia and counts towards CPE hours for the major accounting bodies – CPA Australia (CPA), Chartered Accountants (CAANZ) & Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
When does the CPD certificate get issued?
CPD assessment for the SMSF Association and FPA is submitted quarterly (April, July, Oct, Jan) so you will receive the certificate for any SMSF training during that quarterly post assessment. For the accounting bodies, you will get your certificate shortly after the training.
Can I watch the webinars online at a later time?
Yes, in addition to live SMSF webinar training, all webinars are uploaded into our platform for you to view at any time and on any device. You will need to complete a short CPD quiz after watching to get your CPD certificate, which is stored online within your personal CPD register.