Create online, delivered instantly
Create your new Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) a smarter way where upon completion of your order instantly receive all the SMSF documentation electronically to establish a fund that complies with the superannuation laws.
The order includes:
- Trust Deed drafted by industry leading SMSF specialists;
- Consents to appointments as trustee/directors
- Applications for membership
- Ancillary trustee minutes and bank account opening kit
With the completed order, you can also:
- Apply for the ABN/TFN and to become regulated with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO);
- Create an Investment Strategy;
- Create Death Benefit Nominations for each member;
- Create the fund automatically in your SMSF software
Use our workflows to seamlessly work through each of the steps required to setup a new SMSF (including company incorporation as fund trustee).
Why you should use a Smarter Deed
The Smarter SMSF Deed has been built by SMSF specialists, Ian Glenister (Legal Officer, Smarter SMSF), Aaron Dunn (CEO, Smarter SMSF) and Chris Hill (Director, Hill Legal) for use by practitioners who need the confidence that comes with using best practice SMSF documents drafted by industry leading experts.
The Smarter Deed not only stays up-to-date with the latest superannuation laws, but also strategically considers topics impacting membership, contributions, income streams, estate planning and more.
One-click setup in Class, saving you time…
As a Class user, once you’ve ordered your new SMSF, our integration with enables you push the order data in one click to automatically setup the fund in Class – no need to re-enter client information – that is a smarter way! Watch out video above to see how this integration works.
One-click setup in CAS360 – saving more time!
Where you have ordered a company to act as trustee of the SMSF, our integration with BGL’s CAS360 enables you push the order data in just one click to automatically setup all the information from name, ACN, directors, shareholders and more – no need to re-enter client information – a lot smarter than your average! Watch our video above to see how this integration works.
To start ordering, simply follow these steps:
- Sign up to the Smarter SMSF platform (it’s free).
- You will receive an email with your login details.
- Once logged into our platform, select ‘Documents > Create New’.
- Follow the prompts, review & submit your order.
- You’ll have the order instantly delivered to you in less than 5 mins.
How to videos
Order a new SMSF
This video explains the process in ordering a new SMSF on the Smarter SMSF platform.
One click fund set up in Class
This video explains the one-click process to automatically set up your fund after ordering within your Class software.
If you require help with ordering your SMSF documents, get in contact with us via live chat, by telephone on 1300 95 94 76, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Member & save
We recognise that practices come in all different shapes and sizes, and that’s why our Create document packages have been developed as a bundle to suit the size of your SMSF business. Our document packages start at $180 p/m for ANY 25 docs p/a and provide a substantial saving monthly.
What documents are included in the New SMSF package?
Upon completion of your order, the new SMSF package will generate the following documents:
- SMSF Trust Deed
- Product Disclosure Statement (PDS);
- Consents for the Trustees, or directors of the corporate Trustee;
- Trustee minutes relating to the set up the SMSF;
- Application for membership, including TFN notices;
- Sample Death Benefit Nomination forms;
- ATO trustee declarations; and
- Bank Account establishment kit explaining what to do next.
Having completed your order, you also have the ability to prepare a range of additional documents including (nut not limited to) the fund’s Investment Strategy and Death Benefit Nominations for each member.
What can I call the new SMSF?
Anything you like, as a super fund doesn’t need a name under the common law; no trust does. A trust is not a legal entity, it is a relationship. It is one entity (trustee) holding an asset for the benefit of another entity (beneficiary).
We’ve seen some clever and funny names along the way including Spendid the Kid’s Inheritance Super Fund, MoneyTree Super Fund, Rolling Rich Super Fund, and the Super Duper Super Fund.
Typically, however we see most people taken a practical approach to naming conventions linking back to a family name – e.g. John & Jane Citizen may call their SMSF – Citizen SMSF, Citizen Super Fund, Citizen Family Super Fund, Citizen Retirement Fund – just to name a few…
Importantly, it would be unwise to choose a name that:
- is obscene
- is seditious
- is defamatory
- suggests connection with royalty or government
- is misleading or deceptive, or
- is the same as an unrelated commercial enterprise.
From a practical point of view perhaps it might be best to:
- use a short name
- don’t bother with ‘The’
- use ‘Super’ in preference to ‘Superannuation’
- not use a name that readily identifies the members or connection with the member’s business.
Does it matter if there is another SMSF with the same name?
No, again you have complete flexibility in calling the super fund whatever you want.
The distinguishing feature between different SMSFs with the same name is the fund’s ABN, which each is super fund is required to register for. You can search up a list of super fund names through the ATO’s superfundlookup.gov.au