The introduction of the super reforms have meant that 2017 has been one of the busiest years in recent memory. As we continue with implementation of these measures, this time at the end of the year provides us with an opportunity to reflect, but also start to focus on what is ahead for 2018…
As we look back upon 2017, here are some statistics about the The SMSF Academy business that we would like to share with you:
- Added 47 new members across our various membership levels;
- 1,782 people attend our face-to-face and online training;
- 180 attendees to our SMSF Day events in April 2017;
- Conducted 16 accredited training webinars for the year (and created 2 online courses);
- Generated in excess of 4,100 SMSF legal, pension and compliance documents (and still counting);
- Added and updated over 30 SMSF legal, pension and compliance documents, more than doubling our document suite to nearly 50 documents in total;
- Rolled out significant integration enhancements with Simple Fund 360 and Class Super;
- Added our first two way integration with Class Super to automatically create a new SMSF in Class after ordering a fund establishment;
- Added a workflows tool (beta) to seamlessly work through the implementation of strategies across multiple SMSF documents; and
- Improved dashboard functionality to track your orders and revenue with your business;
In addition, we made a significant structural change in our technology strategy, switching from an outsourced approach for our web development, to hiring 2 x full-time web developers with The SMSF Academy business. In addition, we have introduced dedicated support with member enquiries and technical issues.
The year ahead in 2018 has an even bigger list of exciting projects… more SMSF documents, new and enhanced two-way integrations, more workflows and additional partners to collaborate with as we continue our focus on building one of the most trusted SMSF platforms that help accountants & financial planners to equip them to be at the top of their game.
New brand in 2018
The new year will bring with it the exciting news of a re-brand for The SMSF Academy. As you will see when we launch towards the end of January 2018, our new name will better reflect our approach to a smarter way for SMSF practitioners to achieve industry best-practice, but mostly importantly equip you to be at the top of your game to enable better retirement outcomes for your clients.
We look forward to sharing more about this exciting news soon…
Please note that our offices will close from Thursday, 21 December 2017 and will re-open on Thursday, 4 January 2018. We will have limited online support support for any document orders throughout this time, with the exception of the public holidays.
Have a wonderful festive season and we look forward to seeing you in 2018!