Create SMSF Investment Strategy online, delivered instantly
Generate an smsf Investment Strategy report for a self-managed super fund (SMSF), which formulates and gives effect to risk, diversification, liquidity, the ability to discharge the fund’s liabilities and the requirement to consider insurance cover for one or more fund members.
The following documents will be generated as part of the completed order:
- Investment Strategy Report; and
- Trustee minute adopting the investment strategy
ATO Letter or Single Asset Class
Where the fund has received an ATO letter regarding the diversification requirement due to investing within a single asset or single asset class, you can also generate an additional trustee minute demonstrating why inadequate diversification meets the fund’s objectives and personal circumstances of the fund. In addition, where the fund may not have received an ATO letter, but has heavy asset concentration, a similar trustee minute will generate demonstrating these requirements.
Currently, you can generate a template to be completed by the fund trustee(s). We will in the future allow for key questions of the various requirements within the superannuation laws to be answered that will generate an investment strategy report (NB. will need to consider licensing issues within this option).
To start ordering, simply follow these steps:
- Sign up to the Smarter SMSF platform (it’s free).
- You will receive an email with your login details.
- Once logged into our platform, select ‘Documents > Create New’.
- Follow the prompts, review & submit your order.
- You’ll have the order instantly delivered to you in less than 5 mins.
If you require help with ordering your investment strategy SMSF documents, get in contact with us via live chat, by telephone on 1300 95 94 76, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Member & save
We recognise that practices come in all different shapes and sizes, and that’s why our Create document packages have been developed as a bundle to suit the size of your SMSF business. Our document packages start at $150 p/m for ANY 25 docs p/a and provide a substantial saving monthly.
Does an SMSF need an Investment Strategy?
Yes, the covenants within section 52B of the SIS Act (super laws) requires that the trustee(s) of a SMSF to have an investment strategy. This sets out the fund’s objectives and specifies the type of investments that the fund can make.
What is an Investment Strategy?
What documents does Smarter SMSF produce for the Investment Strategy?
We have an investment strategy in place, but only want to change the current asset allocation of the fund?
If the fund’s objectives and overall circumstances are not changing, but you wish to change the asset allocation within the investment strategy, you can produce a ‘change asset allocation’ document on the smarter smsf platform.
How regularly can an SMSF change its investment strategy?
Does the Smarter SMSF deed permit all types of investments allowed under the superannuation laws?
Who needs to sign the Investment Strategy?
Who will require a copy of the fund's investment strategy?
Check out the Investment Strategy webinars below
Watch the recordings from various webinar events conducted by Smarter SMSF on the investment strategy requirements that apply to SMSFs.
This webinar explores the:
- state of play with investment strategies
- the regular review requirement for investment strategies
- the auditor’s role and observations
- finding key lessons to build a compliant investment strategy
- demonstrating the investment strategy documentation available on the Smarter SMSF platform.
This webinar explores the:
- The ATO letters about diversification issues
- Investment strategy requirements within the super laws
- licensing considerations providing an investment strategy to an SMSF trustee
- documentation available to support trustees to comply with the investment strategy requirements.
From the blog
Read our articles about investment strategies and investment-related issues from the Smarter SMSF blog.